Wednesday 5 March 2008

THE TALK THAT DIDN'T WORK

I am embarrassed!

I read about this new feature of Google’s in an e-friend’s (nice term, I think, for people you meet through the net) blog - Google Talk Chat Badge.

It says that posting this badge on your blog allows you to chat with your visitors if they click on the badge. Installation was easy – I am no techie, but I can follow instructions. As I thought it would be a good idea to chat to visitors, I promptly installed it.

But much to my embarrassment, though I am alerted each time a visitor clicks on the badge wishing to chat, and am directed to the talk page – nothing happens!

I am left wondering who the mysterious wanna-be-chatter was. And embarrassed to think what the would-be-chatter thinks of an invitation offered, accepted and then ignored! And should I un-install that badge?

Buck up, Google!

No comments: